Wednesday, August 10

The Story so Far... - Tallinn, Estonia
This place was Great visited Aug 9, 2005
Weather: raining, no wait, sunny! no... raining, no, it's sunny! I think they call this unsettled? I emailed this to a friend, then realised it would make a good entry, so thanks to the miracle of cut&paste, here is a summary of my first 3 days on the road: _____________ We're in Tallinn now - I arrived in Helsinki on monday evening after 25 hours travelling (it usually takes that long to cross the world, but to cross europe, it seemed a little much), spent 24 hours there, and have spent the last 2 nights in Tallinn. We're still in Tallinn, but have moved from our pleasant but overpriced hostel to a much less pleasant but still overpriced camping ground 10 mins out of the city. It hasn't stopped raining for more than an hour or so since I left the UK. And it's freezing. I'm hoping I will start having fun soon. _______________ We are having fun. Really. Tallinn is really pretty in the centre - but after a day there I really felt I wanted to get out and see something outside the heritage listed medieval Old Town. It was beginning to feel a bit like Disneyland - full of tourists and souvenir shops. Very nice though. But it was good to get out and see where the real people live!

0 comments: