Wednesday, May 10

Crunch - Brisbane, Australia
visited May 9, 2006
I had my first ever car accident on the riverside expressway on my way to uni today. I was just thinking how the traffic was flowing pretty freely for 4pm on a tuesday afternoon, when, in precisely the milisecond I glanced down at the radio to eject a tape, the traffic stopped flowing. I didn't, at least, not quite fast enough, and managed to push the next car (which must have stopped very suddenly, and was probably very close to the ute in from of it, into said ute. Three car accident! we all managed to drive off the expressway, which was good, but my car had a cracked radiator, or something (as well as all the panel damage and a sticky driver's door) so it had to be towed. It's all covered on comprehensive insurance, with a really low excess, so I'm not overly worried about that. It does leave me carless for the time being,which would be annoying if my brother didn't decide he and his girlfriend could cope with one. He's gallantly offered me his car pretty much for the duration, which is wonderful. Especially as I have to drive to Scarborough three times in the next week, and the powerhouse every day for the week after that. And carry costumes and whatnot. I'm talking of course, of Pirates of Penzance, which opens in scarborough on friday, and then at the powerhouse on Tuesday. It's on for one week only, so email me for $20 tickets! --- end plug ----

0 comments: