Friday, July 7

Half an hour in Sweden - Malmo, Sweden
visited Jul 6, 2006
We were up at 7, and on the bus by 25 past. Then another bus (a Grahundbus)to the airport in Malmo for our cheap Ryanair flight to London. I realise that half an hour in a country barely counts, but I think it should, so I am. After all, I spent some swedish crowns (albeit some that Kate had from the last time she had been there) and did notice some things. For example: Denmark, both from the air, and from the sea (as we crossed the marvelous bridge/tunnel that goes from Denmark to Sweden) is as flat as a carpet. Quite amazingly flat. And barely above the water level. I'm surprised the whole place doesn't get swamped at high tide. Sweden, on the other hand, was immediately noticeably different, as it had some texture and small rolling hills. Nothing high, of course, but just enough to make it different. So that's 46 countries, I think. :)

0 comments: