Thursday, August 24

Back in Barcelona. - Barcelona, Spain
visited Aug 23, 2006
I like this city. Last time I was here I stayed at the squat the whole time (it was queeruption) and so I didn´t get the barcelona, funky laid back feeling. Were staying in hostel Kabul on placa reial.´This is the place Nathaniel, Kieran, Jen and I wanted to stay for new years a few years ago, but they were full. We´ve unded up here now because we arrived in barcelona at midnight last night, at sants station, which was closing in 10 mins, and so we didn´t ahve time to ring any of the numbers I had copied from the time-out barcelona in a glaswegian bookstore, but I looked at the metro map and saw liceu, recognised it as next to placa reial, and figured that here or the horrible place next door (where we ended up staying that new years!)might do us for at least one night. Turned up here, at about quarter to 1 in the morning, and low and behold, they had a bed for us. Two of them in fact. Though they made me sing before they´d tell me they had them. I sang the first thing that came into my head: "Show me the way to go home, I´m tired and I want to go to bed!". He said that that was very suitable and he could help. And now we´re meeting Diana (my teaching partner for 4 of the last 6 weeks) very shortly, and I did want to have a very short siesta before then! Might go and try that now.

0 comments: