Wednesday, November 22

Another hat gone...

Waa. I've lost my hat. I stopped at a bakery on my way to school this morning to buy something for breakfast, and shoved my hat in my jacket pocket as I went inside. As it was pretty warm, I didn't feel the need to put it back on when I came out, so didn't even think of it until I got to school 5 minutes later, and went to put it in my drawer in the teachers room. It wasn't in my pocket. And I don't know where it is! I've even retraced my steps, and asked at the bakery (in japanese!) but no luck. Grr. It wasn't a perfect hat. It was brown flat cap of the style I have been wearing for years now, but it had a tendency to slip upwards and sit too high, but I only bought it 3 months ago (in Edinburgh) and it was my current best hat. I do have one other, but it's sort of... fluffy. I don't do fluffy very well.
And thinking about it, I seem to have some sort of curse that means my hats are never allowed to last more than 3 months or so. I think my record might be 6 months or so for the one I bought in Brescia last april and left in a bulgarian supermarket in about november.
So let's have a moment of mourning for Yet Another Lost Hat. And for the fact that I will now have to wear a fluffy hat.

3 comments:

Sean said...

Is this an attempt at garnering sympathy while also rubbing in your jet-setting ways to those of us who are less-travelled?

"bought in Edinburgh and lost near a bakery in Japan"
"bought in Brescia and lost in a supermarket in Bulgaria"

Well, I'm sorry to hear of your hat loss. Try not to lose them in future.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being able to ask where your lost hat is in Japanese. Something of a milestone there, I think.

Kat said...

Damn it, my subtle attempt at boasting about my well-travelledness has been discovered! I'll have to be even more subtle next time! If it helps, the other hat I have lost I bought in Padova and lost in a Berlin Basement Bar, and the hat I bought in Istanbul I left in australia (not lost!) because it's a bit too small and squeezes my head.
My life these last 4 years really has been ridiculous, hasn't it!

And Ok, so it was more broken sort of japanese that I asked in. I don't actually know the word for hat, but I do a pretty good mime. I was surprised how quickly they understood, actually!