Sunday, September 2

More San Fran and random observations on Thrift Stores.

The thrift shops on this continent are amazing. I first went to one in Vancouver, and almost instantly found a shirt and some trousers that a)fit, and b) were affordable, and c) looked decent. I nearly fell over. And in Portland, I spent $17 at the local Goodwill store on almost-everything I needed to live in my van. Another $2 in some tiny town on the Oregon Coast bought me 3 mugs (the plastic ones I bought in Portland tasted funny), 3 matching face/dish cloths, a couple of teaspoons and two teatowels. They're fast becoming my favourite shops.
And here's a photo of Mission in SF - the area I spent most time, and site of some rather good thrift stores. It's very multicultural - an interesting blend of latino and asian. Click the pic for more photos.


I rode across the Golden Gate bridge yesterday - after riding there all along the Embarcadero past the piers and fisherman's wharf and all that. It was lovely, although my bum is regretting it today. I really need a new bike seat... And then I was crossing the bridge back just at sunset, which was also nice. Pics on flickr, as per usual.



And in about half an hour, I plan to leave San Francisco. It's been fun, but it's time to head north. I'm *supposed* to be in Canada, you know.

1 Comment:

d said...

I do like the sound of those thrift shops - they seem to have got trendy - and thus expensive - here, so that's another reason to add to my list of Reasons to Visit North America.