Monday, March 2

Good Things

They just keep happening!

  • Going to Varazdin last week with Dora, and dressing up for carnivale
  • Discovering getting back to Canada might be easier than I thought
  • Hosting Eli the hitchhiking Couchsurfer on Wednesday night
  • Le Zbor (the choir) getting filmed for tv! It screened on Saturday night, and is now online!
  • Hosting Kristen the Couchsurfer from Montreal from Friday (until today!)
  • Choir practice on Friday night, in which we sang our way through the entire repertoire, including a whole lot of pieces I didn't know we sang.
  • Going out Friday night with friends.
  • Beginning to sort things out in my room here and Get Things Done from my huge long to-do list.
  • Hosting Stephanie, another solo traveller fom Canada, on Saturday night!
  • The amazing benefit concert on Saturday night, at which Le Zbor sang beautifully, and were definitely the highlight of the concert!
  • Getting to finally see my friends' band Z/buka play at the saturday night concert, even if the sound system wasn't so great.
  • Acquiring a great new t-shirt from the saturday performance (we wore them to perform), plus 5 new great badges to add to my collection (thanks Goga!)
  • Spending most of Sunday at a hot springs spa with a bunch of Couchsurfers.
  • Seeing my friend Anne from Sarajevo, who came to visit Sunday and Monday.
  • Finding a couch for this weekend's festival in Ljubljana - I sent one request, and found exactly the right people to stay with!
  • Settling into my wonderful flat here.
  • Beans. Beans are good things. Especially when made into chilli.
  • Possibly maybe perhaps getting invited to Oslo to give a workshop there.
  • Learning about silicone stuff from my wonderful flatmate, who just happens to be studying it as part of her masters in fine arts (sculpture).
  • Being given all my favourite sorts of chocolate by my house guests (dark chocolate! Lindor Chocolate! Pink Pepper chocolate, which I didn't even know I liked!) AND a jar of Thai Red Curry Paste!
  • I'm listening to TripleJ as I write this post!

0 comments: