Friday, November 23

Election Day!

It may be only Friday here, but it's Saturday morning in Australia, and the polls will soon open for the election we've been waiting 10 years for!
I sooo hope Howard loses his own seat. That would just be wonderfully fantastic.
Meanwhile, I've just heard that my own ballot papers have arrived at the house where I was staying a few days ago, so I have to go over and get them, and post them so that they are postmarked today!
I get to vote! Yay! Although it looks like it might not matter, if the massive swing predicted happens... Still, I'm very happy to be part of this election.
Better go and trudge through the snow to get the ballot papers and send them off. You see the lengths I'm willing to go to for politics!?

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you are voting. Three out of four of the final polls showed that the creeping trend towards the Coalition throughout the campaign has put them within striking distance of victory. So it could come down to the line, and every vote really will count... (would have blogged this, but internet access has been erratic of late)