Tuesday, January 15

Musical Outlets

I just spent the evening at the first jam/rehearsal of an all-girl bluegrass jam band that I seem to have joined. It was so much fun. I haven't sung with only women for years and years, and forgot how much I enjoy singing the bass line! And making it up as you go along is always good. AND I got to play a Baglama, which was also fun. Next time I might even work out how. I also tinkered on the recorder, but of course, you can't do that so well while singing, and I'm rarely willing to not-sing. For this reason, I'm wishing I had more aptitude for string instruments. But I'm such a crap string-instrument player that I tend to have to concentrate on the playing, which also means I forget to sing. Maybe I'm just incapable of doing two things at once. I will have to work on it.

I get more singing tomorrow - I've auditioned for and joined Choeur Maha, which is, by coincidence, also an all-girl choir. I didn't mean to exclude men from my singing outlets. It just happened that way!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I am beginning to think that you are just having too much damn fun.

I know, I need to work on my own life... and I finally have internet now!! That's definitely a start, I think.

Anonymous said...

hey chicky! sorry i dont check your blog much, but its great to hear what you've been up to! we are still in townsville in our gorgeous townhouse, working at same places and getting itchy feet! nita and i have bought accom. for a week in thailand for this year or next year, so since anita thoroughly destroyed her ankle long boarding, perhaps next year will be a good idea! she needed a plate to join her bones back together! bleh! cool xray though!:) she got the cast off yesterday, so she has a total of 13 days to teach her foot to walk again as we are going to syd for the 30th anniversary of mardi gras! cant wait miss you chicky have lots more fun! x jen x