Tuesday, April 8

Hot Torture

So I just did my first ever Bikram Yoga class. You know the one - it's where they heat up the room to the average temperature of India on a summer's day and then expect you to spend 90 minutes tying yourself in knots in it. And you're not allowed to leave. Or speak. Or do anything other than what the teacher says (in 2, sometimes 3 different languages, so there's no excuse for not understanding.) You are allowed to die sometimes and just lie there in a puddle of your own sweat.
I survived. I even did about 90% of the postures, at least in some form or other. I also decided I'm not going to move to India anytime soon.
I have a week's introductory pass, so I feel I have to go at least 2, maybe 3, more times to get my money's worth. Maybe by then I will be a convert, but for now, I think I prefer my yoga without all the strict rules and at somewhat more sensible temperatures...

0 comments: