Sunday, July 13

Memoirs

I mentioned my "101 things to do with a purple pashmina" list to one of my teachers the other night, and he said "That sounds like the title of a book". Which made me think that maybe it should be. Perhaps if I ever write my memoirs, that should be the name. I think it says something about my lifestyle - everything I own must be multi-purpose so that I don't have to carry much and I make do with the things I have rather than owning more - and my purple pashmina has been with me since my first teaching job in China in 2002, which was the beginning of my current way of life. Also it doesn't come up at all on a google search, which means no one has used it yet, which is nice.
Maybe I should start by changing the name of this blog. I've been looking for a new name for a while. What do you think?

3 comments:

elvi said...

I vote yes, especially since this isn't really a non travel blog anymore, is it? Plus, it'll sort much higher in my list of RSS feeds, which can't be bad.

mvc said...

I second that -- and you could change the "currently living in Montreal, Quebec" part to "currently living in a backpack someplace".

Anonymous said...

Sounds good. Can I suggest '101 uses for a purple pashmina' - it's slightly more compact

Brissie is cold and wet atm - I could do with a pashmina myself