Friday, November 7

Istanbul, One Night Only.

And in a post a la Sean, I do believe Nathaniel was the 3000th visitor to my blog. Unless there's someone else in Melbourne who reads this...
I know I haven't written much lately. My plan was to write things on the 25 hour train journey I just did, but I ended up rescuing a damsel in distress instead, and protecting her (and myself) from being molested by every passing man in uniform (conductors, ticket inspectors, police...). I've never been so harassed while hitchhiking! And I don't believe I've ever had to yell 'fuck off' and physically push some idiot away before. And yet I did it twice in one train trip.
But, never fear, I have Yet Another 25 hour train journey to start tonight (it is supposed to be 22, but 3 or 4 hours of lateness seems to be normal), so, as I plan to lock my door and keep it that way, I'll have plenty of time for catch-up posts.

2 comments:

Sean said...

Sounds like you had friendly travellers on your train.
What actually happened to lead up to the expletive event?

Anonymous said...

yay! do i get a prize?? although it might actually have been nick, depending on which day it was.

So, is the girl who was being molested the one in your flickr photo leaning on that man in uniform and wearing his hat? If so I think I'm beginning to see what you meant about her attitude inviting trouble... but hey, dude is hot. He could molest me ANY time.