Tuesday, November 25

Just Another Bosnian Adventure

Today is a holiday, which I am spending hanging out at my landlord's house next door to mine. I arrived home at midnight last night to find my key no longer worked in my lock, for no apparent reason, so I came and knocked on the door here. After he tried and had the same problem I did, he said I should spend the night here with his family, and we'd sort it out today. I am verz grateful that my landlord and his family spent 20 years or something living in Germany, as we are actually able to communicate, mostly. My German may be pretty dismal, but it's a whole lot better than my Bosnian!
The locksmith finally arrived an hour ago, and I'm still waiting. It's too cold to hang around outside watching them work, but last I saw they were taking a dirty great drill down that way. I'm half expecting them to exhaust all other options and end up breaking a window somewhere. I hope they have the sense to make it the smallest window and not the entire wire-reinforced glass door!
At least they have internet here though - this is the longest uninterrupted and non-surreptitious personal net time I've had since I got here! I am, however, very much looking forward to being back in my little flat, taking a shower, and getting some clean clothes. Hopefully in time to go meet my friend in town in 2 hours!

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kat, hope you managed to break into your flat. What's with the stripy-stockinged-leg photos? Sorta like navel gazing I guess...