Wednesday, April 25

10 023 days old

So. I've been meaning to work out when my 10 000th day was for a while now. Like over a year. Nick first put the idea in my head some years ago when he planned to celebrate his 10 000th day in style. It's the sort of thing someone with a Phd in pure mathematics would do. In the end, he didn't, but I still thought it would be nice to know when mine was. Last night he and Sean and I were sitting about doing not very much (something we're good at lately) and I realised that my 10 000th day would be sometime around now, and it really should be worked out. About 1 minute later (it probably would have taken me half an hour) I was informed that my 10 000th day passed unnoticed on the 3rd of April. Pity. This makes me currently 10 023 days old. A quick google search turned up this website, part of timeanddate.com which I use regularly for time zone calculations. With the help of the "Useless Dates Related to your Birthday" calculator, I learnt that tomorrow, I turn 1431 weeks old. And that on July 24th, 2011, I will turn 1 Billion. Seconds, that is.
I'm also currently 44 years old - if I lived on Venus, that is. It might be better to move to Mars - I'm only 15 there. I'm also seriously considering having a big 1st brithday celebration in 2009. I'd probably better arrange to be on Saturn for it though.

0 comments: