Monday, August 27

San Francisco

So after a week on the road with a bunch of queers in my van, we arrived in SF on Friday night. We arrived in proper style at dusk over the Golden Gate Bridge. Unfortunately, my camera had run out of batteries earlier that day (5 days without AC power and with about 200 pictures - not too bad!). And of course, I was driving - and having slight culture shock after a week on little country roads and highways, which very very suddenly turned into a huge 4 lane freeway. We then found the house where the others are sleeping (I'm still sleeping in my van, but it's nice to have somewhere to come that has electricity...) and then spent 40 minutes driving around looking for a park within walking distance. I found a great one in the end - quiet street, unlimited free parking, but overall I was just grateful for any park!
Since then, I've wandered or biked around town to see things, went to the De Young museum of Fine arts in Golden Gate park yesterday, have been to a few interesting gallery events (seems to be the Thing To Do here) and hung out with lots of interesting people.
The plan for the rest of the week is to get a 'tune-up' for my van, and continue the sightseeing. And find people who want to head back north this next weekend or so. I want to be back in portland and seattle and then vancouver in the next two weeks, maybe. We'll see.
The whole story of our drive down the coast is on travelpost - I find it easier to organise my thoughts there, when travelling. So I suggest you start here, and read them in order! Also, there are a heap more photos on flickr to amuse you all.

0 comments: