Sunday, March 2

Nuit Blanche

Last's night's Nuit Blanche was great! I spent most of the evening at the Belgo building, which is a big old building downtown full of little (and not so little) galleries and studios. Including Studio 303, which is where we're performing next Saturday as well. We sang Pentatonic Alleluia while wandering up and down the stairs, which worked quite well, really, as it's a piece without structure. (Disclaimer: I'm kinda new to this videoing thing, and I really have to learn to let it run at least until the end of a phrase! Also, apologies that my slightly wavery 'I've just climbed three flights of stairs while singing' voice is the main one you can hear!')

We agreed to meet at the bottom after about 15 minutes of it, so we could coordinate the end of the piece, and then we sang Hide an Seek - an Imogen Heep song that we are still trying to get right. Last night wasn't the best venue for getting it right, but here's a snippet anyway:



The rest of the evening I spent wandering the halls of the Belgo seeing other art and performances, which was fun. One gallery was full of things that vibrated - sections of the wall, a table with puddles of dancing water on it, and this:
The place was full of interesting people, including a few queeruption people I hadn't seen since Vancouver, which was good! I really haven't connected with queeruption people here much at all, even though it is, indirectly, the reason I know most of the people I have met in this town!
I finished off the evening by dropping into the Musée d'Art Contemporain, which was open until 5am, and full of people who weren't nearly as interesting as the people in the Belgo building!

All my Nuit Blanche photos (the still kind) on flickr here.

1 Comment:

Panthère rousse said...

Nice pictures and nice singing! I missed the corridor part, but saw your finale in the stairs near the entrance. I also made a video but it was so short (and dark), it was not really worth showing. I put some links to here and to your Flickr set in my own posts about the Nuit blanche. I agree, the Belgo exhibitions and crowds were very interesting!