Friday, October 13

boredom...

You really know you're bored when you get pissed off because other people haven't updated their blogs and thus provided you with something to read. It's even worse when you get pissed off at others not updating their when you haven't updated your own...
So life in Japan isn't turning out to be non-stop fun and action. I'm slightly bored at work (see my serious blog for why) and then when I get home, I still have not much to do. I know. I need to go out and meet people. It's not so easy - we're not exactly in central Tokyo. I'm getting to know some of my students, who aren't much younger than me (6th year uni students in a country where they finish highschool at 18...) but they're all pretty busy, and likely to get busier, so I don't know how much of a social life I will have with them. (not that I'd ever associate with students outside the school, of course, that would be against westgate policy!)
Last weekend I went to Kawagoe, and discovered that their festivals (apparently one of the 4 biggest in japan) is on this weekend. So I was thinking of going back. I don't know if I will or not - I'd rather like to go with someone, cos I think I'd just wander around feeling very "outside" on my own.
Other than that my plans include a shopping trip to Machida (two stations away) and the 5 storey hundred yen store, and a japanese lesson. That's it. So Far.
Just remembered I hadn't looked at engrish.com for a while. That'll keep me occuupied...

0 comments: