Saturday, October 14

Engrish

Here are the first of the wonderful Engrishes that I've collected so far. I realised within a few days of arriving here that living in Japan will certainly be amusing in some ways, because of the engrish that abound, and these examples are just the first I've remembered to remember, if you know what I mean.
The first was a t-shirt I saw a girl wearing today. Unfortunately I'm not really willing to stop people and ask to take a photo of their outfit so I can laugh at it later, so you'll just have to imagine it. It went like this:
Y O U
W E A R

comfortable
m a y p o l e

I just wonder where you're supposed to wear this maypole. I can't really think of anywhere that would be comfortable...

The other I did manage to get a photo of. And I will continue to post engrish that I see here. I might even submit some to engrish.com.

1 Comment:

dlh_downunder said...

love 'em, Kat! Keep 'em coming ... :-)
BTW have you managed to make contact with Kazu?
-Debra-