Monday, October 30

Non-japanese ridiculousness!

Look what I found! A must for all the Monty Python fans and Holy Grail seekers! The Black Beast of Aaaaaargh or the rabbit with Nasty Big Sharp Pointy Teeth! If I could stand soft toys, I'd want them! Of course, I could always by the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch to destroy them when they began to irritate me!

In other news, I have a great backlog of japanese ridiculousnesses that also need uploading here. I've had to start ignoring some, to be honest, as I see about 5 or 6 noteworthy engrishes a day. It's all getting too much for me!

In other other news, I went to see Little Miss Sunshine at the Tokyo International Film Festival on saturday. IT was fantastic! Thanks to Sean for the blogged recommendation! The blurb I found in the program here nearly put me off entirely (I wasn't interested in a dysfunctional family driving to a kids beauty pageant) but it's actually a brilliant film. My friend Gloria and I were the only ones (in the enormous theatre comparable to the Lyric Opera in Brisbane) laughing for the first half. I can only assume the japanese subtitles didn't catch the subtle humour! They all caught up in the second half though, and the film won the audience award for the festival!

The rest of Saturday was spent at a university festival, eating slightly dodgy traditional japanese food, and then seeing an alternative rock band (performing for the first time) in a tiny basement bar in Shinjuku. It was a fantastic day, all up!

Now I just have to survive three more days at work, and then I get a three day weekend! Yay for the japanese and their ridiculous number of public holidays!

1 Comment:

d said...

Hmm, I wonder if I have any unsuspecting relatives I could give some of the Monty Python stuff to for Christmas...

Japan sounds excellent, I am envious (applied to Westgate=not accepted). However it is in fact snowing here in Finland, so I feel I'm getting my full dose of Scandinavianism. Or something...