Saturday, October 21

wstfgl

so I've discovered something very interesting. Imported fancy liqueurs are very cheap in japan. I've found an imported foods supermarket in Machida (2 trains stations away). Itwasvery exciting. Apart from Chai tea (to which I am fast becoming addicted) it had a whole aisle of alcohol, including kahlua, southern comfort, absolut vodka, bombay sapphire gin and cointreau - pretty much anything you could ever want - and most of it was at least half the price of the same thing in australia. My first thought looking at it was "I don't want to spend 2000 yen on anything today". Then I realised that the bottle of Benedictine that I was looking at for 2000 yen ($22.20 according to XE.com, costs about $50 in australia. I bought a bottle of Cointreau for about $18. I was in Machida with Gloria - we met after my japanese lesson at 4, went to Hachioji, which we thought was an even bigger town (but turned out to be very dispointing), so we went to Machida (tried and true) and spent hours in the huge hundred yen shop (again) then, starving, returned to Fuchinobe and found the 100yen sushi train Gloria had seen, which was wonderful, then went to an Even Bigger 99yen store (100yen stores are an addiction. We are addicted. It's a terrible affliction) and then came home, and drank large quantities of Cointreau interspersed with Chai ginger tea while talking about anything and everything and then suddenly it was 4am and we're just slightly very pissed and it's probably bed time. We did have plans to go to tokyo tomorrow, after an early visit to the international festival at the place where I have japanese lessons, but not now. The plan is festival, then Hashimoto, then probably machida again, and we'll go to tokyo next weekend. Really we will.
Head spinning. Bed time. mmm cointreau...

0 comments: